Friday, October 14, 2011

Father Abraham

We are really enjoying learning more about Father Abraham in Old Testament class!

As a YSA (young single adult), this is his "wish list" or his desires:

"And, finding there was greater happiness and peace and rest for me, I sought for the blessings of the fathers, and the right whereunto I should be ordained to administer the same; having been myself a follower of righteousness, desiring also to be one who possessed great knowledge, and to be a greater follower of righteousness, and to possess a greater knowledge, and to be a father of many nations, a prince of peace, and desiring to receive instructions, and to keep the commandments of God, I became a rightful heir, a High Priest, holding the right belonging to the fathers." -Abraham 1:2

How many 18-31 year olds make a list like this? The ones I read about in the media wish for fame and fortune. Father Abraham had his head (and heart) in the right place! He waited at least 30 years to be ordained to the Holy Priesthood and another 30+ to have a son with Sarai (Sarah). Again, how many of us endure that long to have our prayers answered? Abraham is my HERO!

No comments:

Post a Comment