Sunday, January 8, 2012

Caleb, a True Servant of God

….”From Caleb’s example we learn very important lessons. Just as Caleb had to struggle and remain true and faithful to gain his inheritance, so we must remember that, while the Lord has promised us a place in his kingdom, we must ever strive constantly and faithfully so as to be worthy to receive the reward.

“Caleb concluded his moving declaration with a request and a challenge with which my heart finds full sympathy. The Anakims, the giants, were still inhabiting the promised land, and they had to be overcome. Said Caleb, now 85 years, ‘give me this mountain’ (Joshua 14:12).

“This is my feeling for the work at this moment. There are great challenges ahead of us; great opportunities to be met. I welcome that exciting prospect and feel to say to the Lord, humbly, ‘give me this mountain,’ give me these challenges.

“Humbly, I give this pledge to the Lord and to you, my beloved brothers and sisters, fellow workers in this sacred cause of Christ: I will go forward, with faith in the God of Israel, knowing he will guide and direct us, and lead us, finally, to the accomplishment of his purposes and to our promised land and our promised blessings.” (Spencer W Kimball, Nov 1979, Ensign).

No comments:

Post a Comment