|Jesse's birthday, too!|
Ingredients:3/ 4 cup butter, divided into ½ cup and ¼ cup
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple rings, drained
15-20 maraschino cherries
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/ 4 teaspoon baking powder
1/ 4 teaspoon baking soda
1/ 4 teaspoon kosher salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup plain yogurt
1/ 4 cup milk
1) Preheat oven to 350oF.
2) Cut piece of parchment paper to fit bottom of spring form pan. Spray bottom of spring form pan with non-stick spray and place parchment on top.
3) Melt 4 Tablespoons butter (1/2 stick) with brown sugar. Add lemon juice and apples to coat. Cook 1 minute. Add cherries and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Reserve remaining sugar-butter liquid.
4) Arrange fruit in bottom of 9” sprayed spring form pan.
5) In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
6) In another bowl, beat 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, yogurt and milk. Mix well. Gradually add flour mixture (step #4) and combine thoroughly.
7) Pour any remaining sugar-butter from Step #2 over prearranged fruit.
8) Pour batter over prearranged fruit.
9) Bake 40-45 minutes. Cool 1 hour. Release outer spring form. Invert cake over platter. Pull off parchment paper.