Sunday, November 6, 2011

Giving Thanks #5

O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. -Psalms 118:1

What I'm thankful for...

..the mess to clean up after a party because it means that I have been surrounded by friends and people who love me.
..the taxes I have to pay because it means that I'm employed.
..the clothes that fit a little too snug because it means I have enough to eat.
..my shadow who watches me work because it means that I am out in the sunshine.
..a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home.
..the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot because it means I am capable of walking.
..my huge heating bill because it means that I am warm.
..all the complaining I hear about our government because it means we have freedom of speech.
..the lady behind me in church that sings off key because it means that I can hear.
..the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby.
..weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day because it means I have the ability to be productive.
..the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours because it means that I am alive!
--Alan DeMille

No comments:

Post a Comment