Sunday, January 1, 2023

Happy New Year 2023: Baby Jesus Smiled at Me

Jesus Smiled At Me - A True Story by Sonja Bodon

“When I was about between 4 & 5 years old, I remember my mom & dad were both working and so someone had to take care of me. A pre-school was chosen who took in children from birth to five.

As I remember the story I must have been between 4 & 5 years old when this happened. I was chosen to be in a play performed by the children of the school. It was a Christmas story about the birth of baby Jesus. I brought a gift to baby Jesus. I had to say something like this, “this is my gift to you Baby Jesus,” during rehearsals baby Jesus was a doll but during the real performance they used a real baby and I was unaware of this. As I gave the gift to the baby and said my line, I turned around to the audience and said, “Baby Jesus smiled at me”….That was eighty years ago! I can still feel what it was like to have baby Jesus smile at me and whenever I do something good I can hear myself saying, “baby Jesus smiled at me!” And I still feel it too. It is a wonderful feeling even though I am quite a bit older now. The same can be said about not feeling good or about good conscience or bad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment