1. Knowing the scripture that a speaker is quoting—especially if it’s not a scripture mastery scripture.
2. Finding the answer to a prayer in a random scripture. Getting an answer to a prayer is always a simple pleasure. Finding it somewhere unexpected is even more touching.
3. Singing your favorite hymn in sacrament—or any of the really inspiring hymns you love.
4. Hearing your favorite hymn sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Just like singing your favorite hymn in your local congregation, it’s also a joy to hear your favorite songs performed by the Choir—especially if you catch it during the weekly broadcast of “Music and the Spoken Word.”
5. Finding a modest shirt, swimsuit or pair of shorts. Even if you live in Utah, there’s a special thrill that comes with finding a modest piece of clothing you don’t have to alter or wear a tank top under.
6. Getting a letter or email from your missionary—especially for the missionary’s moms.
7. Listening to your favorite General Conference speaker. Every conference talk is good, but there’s always something special about your favorite speaker.
8. Hearing your mission language in General Conference. With the recent changes to allow foreign language at conference, it’s a thrill to hear your mission language used to deliver an address.
9. Watching General Conference in your pajamas. Seriously, there’s so much to love about General Conference!
10. Finish reading the Book of Mormon. Whether it’s your first time or your fiftieth, the sense of accomplishment you get after finishing Moroni 10 cannot be beat!
11. Finding hidden LDS connections in your favorite movies and games. Whether it’s listening to the now infamous discussion on “Cheers” about Mormons and flowers or finding a LEGO picture of Joseph Smith in a video game, finding LDS connection in pop culture is always fun.
12. When a non-member stands up for Mormons. We love to hear about times when those not of our faith stick up for us Latter-day Saints.
13. Getting a good deal at Deseret Book. Deseret Book has some quality LDS products, which is why getting a good deal there is always something to celebrate.
14. Finding out your favorite reality TV contestant is LDS. We knew we liked that person for a reason.
15. Hearing a really moving testimony. Doesn’t matter where—at Church, in a TV interview or at family home evening (FHE)—it’s always wonderful.
16. Eating after a long day of fasting—especially if you have been cooking dinner in the crockpot all day.
17. Getting daily LDS news in your email inbox. So excited to see what’s new in Mormondom!
18. Walking around the temple grounds. You don’t even have to go inside to appreciate the simple pleasure of walking around the temple.
19. Hearing new Church announcements. We get a thrill every time we hear an exciting new announcement from the Church.
20. Contributing a good comment to a Sunday school lesson. It’s always uplifting to know that you helped the teacher—and that you nailed it.
21. Recognizing the hand of God in the min-miracles of your everyday life. Above all, noticing the hand of God in our lives makes each and every small moment a simple pleasure.